CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 28, 2008

A new week

Good morning all, it is hot and muggy here already but the sun is out and it is a pretty morning. I took a big step in going green this weekend and convinced my husband that we needed a clothesline outside instead of replacing our broken dryer. We had been spending 20.00 - 30.00 a week to laundry at the laundrymat. He is actually excited about our decision and the money it will save us not only on electric bills but in our clothes wearing out before their time. I am not sure the kids like it though. I truly believe our kids have it to easy. When I was their age I washed dishes by hand and I did it right the first time. I played out side all summer, if we got hot we sprayed each other with the water hose and went back to playing. We had chores and you didn't watch tv until the chores were all done. We kept our rooms clean (hated that part as a kid) and my kids hate it too! This fall we are pulling up the upstairs carpeting and laying a laminate floated floor, no more carpet to catch dust and yuck! Any way I am excited to be effecting changes that put money into our budget instead of taking from it. I should close now. Look forward to hearing from you all soon. I am looking for suggestions on home school curriculum, I have chosen math-u-see for math but am open on all the rest. I have a 7th and 5th grader! Gotta choose soon, my school year starts September 2nd! Thank God for Labor Day!
Everyone go by and check out the great giveaway at http://artfulife.blogspot.com/ I am currently working on a ceramics project to giveaway so I can join the fun.
Blessings
Donna

2 comments:

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Happy Monday Donna!
Hurray on your decision for a clothesline! It was one of the best choices that we made. I wondered if I would have the time but it has turned into a pleasure that I actually look forward to.

There was a point this summer when I started to see my older boys fall into a sort of lazy rhythm. We cured that really quick with good old fashioned work. You're right. It is good for them, builds endurance, builds character and sure helps the family.

The library is a great source for homeschooling. OUr local library even carries some textbooks that we can use. Of course, with the internet now, so much can be learned online as well.

Wishing you a wonderful week,
Lea

KKJD1 said...

Hey Donna, So did you get the clothes line up? How did you decide to do it? You will really love hanging them! I have a friend who is embroidering my great aunts clothes pin bag. If you decide to get one Ill give you her etsy site . They are sooo cute. I cant wait to get mine back. Ill put a pic on my blog pg. The school deal I have a book here with differnt curriculums in it and I have a schedule for A Beka when they will be around here. Maybe you can get back one afternoon and look at them. Have a great week. Love ya, Karen